Sunday, June 14, 2015

June 14

The people were all so amazed that they asked each other, “What is this? A new teaching—and with authority! He even gives orders to impure spirits and they obey him.”  Mark 1:27

I really enjoyed just being a participant at worship today.  I love that the reality of Jesus' authority and power were on display this morning!  Please share where you saw God at work this week in the comments below.

Here's one of my favorite quotes from a book I read last week...
"The closer we are to Jesus the further we will be from sin.  Likewise, the closer we are to Jesus the closer we will be to sinners." 

4 comments:

  1. Got to speak to one carhart wearing manly bro, who had been struggling with his mental illness. Jesus spoke to him through the scripture by helping him understand that even if his "problem" is not eliminated, that doesn't mean Jesus can't quiet it, and work through it to bring him full life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought Sunday was great. The sermon was definitely something people needed to hear, myself included. Jen said the sermon gave her a new perspective on how God works through difficult circumstances.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coming back from Nicaragua I can report that God is using our church to impact many lives there. His power and authority is evident there in many ways.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A few weeks ago, the leadership team gathered together and studied the feeding of the 5000, a point was made concerning the disciples and their need to simply rest in The Lord since He knew how the problem was to be solved. As we discussed the story, the Lord urged me to rest in Him, trusting that He knew exactly what I needed in regard to my mom's illness and ultimate placement in a long term care facility; I did. After trusting Him, there were still countless questions about where she would go, the severity of her ailment, the money to be needed, etc. but the anxiety was absent. I still had to do my due diligence and sought placement and squared away details necessary to make a decision, but was at peace with the aspect of the situation that I could not effect. Since that time, I have witnessed The Lord usher people into my mom's life and provide solutions to my questions. He told me to trust Him; He proved that I can.
    Gregg Nibbelink 6/16

    ReplyDelete