Sunday, September 13, 2015

September 13

On this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it. Mt. 16:18

After watching parts of 2 services on live stream this morning and attending church in Chapel Hill I am struck again at how amazing it is that God entrusts something so incredibly important to us! I want to remind us all that as we launch out into new uncharted territory this Fall it is all because people matter to God. Every new seat is an opportunity for a relationship.

Here's a story of life-changing faith from the eyes of a Capernaum kid that Elizabeth shared with me today.  Please share your comments below...

So, I used to not like going to Church. I also didn't like being Christian. Because the places I went for church we'd always talk about the same topics over and over again. But once we found Crossroads Church that's when I found my home. I've made friends with so many amazing people. I also admire the fact that I'm not the only one with a disability going to this church. A couple of my team mates go to this church. The other churches that I've gone too I was pretty much laughed at or picked on. But this church? You can wear any clothes your comfortable in. They have so many amazing groups you can be in. They make you feel right at home and their just like my second family! The pastor of the church is amazing, sweet, and very down to earth. He is a lot of fun and great to be around. I've been going to Capernaum for maybe six years now? I'm not too sure. Feels like it's been forever since I've been having a major blast there. I've met amazing friends. If it weren't for this Church I wouldn't of met Elizabeth Robinette, Tiffany Lewis, DeeDee Lehner, Kelly Olson, Kalynn Maschelle, Christy Lynn, and everyone else. I will admit throughout my teenage life I didn't know if I wanted to be a Christian. I was so angry at life and everything. But these amazing people have helped lift up my spirit and bring back the love of the Lord and Jesus back into my heart. I love them very much and am so grateful for their friendship!

4 comments:

  1. As I read this story, I'm amazed how it resonates in me. Before I came to Crossroads I couldn't understand why anyone would need to come to church on Wednesday after they went on Sunday. However, once I found my"home" I wanted to be here as often as I could. I even meet outside of church with other Christians on purpose.

    I am blessed by the relationships I have with people I have met as a result of going to Crossroads. I thank God every day for leading me to a place like Crossroads.

    Amen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Below is part of a longer email that I received from Steph Albright. In addition to her staff position she is also one of our second and third grade leaders in 252. I am thankful that God answers our prayers and am so thankful for the 252 Main St. team. Our leaders are awesome!


    Someone who I had been praying for to come to church came today and brought her kids. They loved 252 and had a great time, I was so pumped to see them there today!

    Huge thank you to all the 252 folks who made them feel so loved!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing the note, Reid. It is really cool to hear stories or lives that are being impacted. Thanks, Margaret and Marc!

    I received a card from a woman named Edith Holt on Friday. Edith is an elderly woman who was one of the recipients of the Be the Church Blitz. Edith had asked that we do some yard work for her as she was no longer able to do it on her own. After agreeing to be one of the Be the Church projects, Edith broke her hip and was in the hospital. I had the pleasure of leading the team that completed Edith's project. In addition to doing the project, our team sent Edith a get well card. While Edith and I never had the opportunity to talk, I could tell from the note in her card that she was incredibly thankful for our church, the work that we did, and the note that we sent. She expressed how much it meant to her to be encouraged in that way during a very difficult moment. I do not know where Edith stands with the Lord, but I do know God gave us the opportunity to be a picture of hope for her when she needed it most. Yay God!

    ReplyDelete