Sunday, October 18, 2015

October 18

Godly sorrow brings repentance that leads to salvation and leaves no regret... 2 Cor 10:7

Such a powerful opportunity this morning to share in the process of  people turning back to God! Thank you for playing your part.  Whether you were on stage, in the warehouse, in the cafeteria or not even in either building you should know we could not do what we do each Sunday without YOU!

I had several leaders tell me about new people who were coming for the first time this morning, especially in Hampstead.  I was excited during the message to picture them sitting in the auditorium.

One conversation I had this morning after the 9:30 service was with the Mother of a single Mom who has been coming off and on for several months. She wanted her Mother to meet me and Elizabeth (probably mostly Elizabeth). The Mother shared how she had lost both of her parents and an uncle in the past 6 months.  Then she said I really needed to be here this morning and hear I can turn to God. Amen!

PLEASE share your experiences below in the comments section. And don't forget to check back during the week to read other comments.

3 comments:

  1. This is actually from last week - I saw a middle-aged woman with an infant in a car seat standing near the door looking a little unsure. I approached her and introduced myself. She said her name was Anita and that she was at Crossroads for the first time after having just left the women's shelter that week. She has four other children who are living with their father in Kent Island and she's wanting to get her life back together. We talked for about 15 minutes about kids, etc. and I encouraged her that Crossroads is always privileged to serve women who are in recovery, coming out of transition homes, etc. She got a big smile and said "that's so good." I pointed out Tim and said he was on staff focusing on outreach and she said "oh good - that means I'll probably see you again then!" Pray that Anita comes back often and feels encouraged that God is the one prompting and enabling her to find her way back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a really neat story, Katie! Thanks for sharing! I thought Sunday was a really neat time. The story at the end of the service provided a powerful picture of "finding your way back". I was in Westminster at the 11 AM service and it was cool to look around and see people so engaged in that message of hope.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At Hampstead, it has been great to see two folks, Ed and Kaylee, who are there strictly on the school's behalf as in house tech support, begin to really engage with us. We are developing relationships with them which, I'm confident can be life changing. Pray for those and others as we continue to be in North Carroll High School...

    ReplyDelete