Sunday, April 12, 2015

April 12

Our Father in heaven,
Hallowed be Thy name Mt. 6:9

Thanks to everyone who made this Sunday a success for so many people.  Here are a few stories of how I saw God at work today.  Please share your won stories in the comments section!

- I had several people come up after each service who wanted to talk about the prayers that God had not answered in their lives.  Many of them had never been able to express their frustration or questions about prayer with anyone.  The conversation was an opportunity for God to work!

- I heard discussions about both care workshops coming up in the next 2 weeks. Caring for aging parents seemed to strike a chord with many people and the encouragement to pray was received with enthusiasm by many.

3 comments:

  1. This was the first Sunday 10 AM service where I felt like some people may have left as a result of lack of seating. I sat next to the 3 challenged ladies that are usually behind me and so had to do some business of my own with God concerning my tolerance issues during the discussion about prayer. Sometimes my character defects overwhelm me... What a great time for ME to hear that message!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I spoke with Don and Amanda Dorsey after they attended the 10 am service. Don talked about how the Easter service and the sermon on prayer made him feel as if he were missing out on something that Amanda had, something everyone else had figured out, and he wanted in. Having those two messages back to back helped him realize this amounted to His saying yes, God is Holy and I am not because of sin, and yes, I receive Jesus's gift of taking on the punishment of my sin because of his death on the cross. Don was able to then see with his heart that saying yes to that Gift from His Savior begins his personal relationship and intimate conversations with His heavenly Dad. He prayed to receive Christ! How cool is that?!?!? "Your will be done on earth as it is in Heaven... " Lots of celebrating on Sunday on heaven-earth!

    ReplyDelete