Sunday, April 19, 2015

April 19

fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Hebrews 12:2

I had a different perspective today...not from the stage!  Here's where I saw God at work; 
(Please add your Amen moments in the comments section)

- I had some great conversations with men who are nominated for leadership this year.  I am encouraged by the way God continues to build our team.  I don't claim to know how God will lead these men through the confirmation process but they are already partners in the Gospel and ints a privilege to serve together.

- Perhaps the most impactful moment for me came in a car ride after the last service.  Elizabeth's Mom made it to the 11:30 service but her Dad, who was staying with us for the weekend did not feel up to coming.  So her Mom asked if we could listen to the Easter message on while we drove them back to Rockville.  After listening to the message her Dad began asking all sorts of questions about the resurrection and having faith in Christ.  We ended up praying together before we dropped them off.  God is always at work!

4 comments:

  1. Great illustrations Jim. Got this guy thinking about stuff differently and you really engaged the folks around me at the 10 AM service!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So great to hear the entire congregation belting out the last verse to How Great Thou Art. To me that was, in 15 seconds, what I was trying to communicate in 30 about worship.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is great to see God working in our congregation and in places we don't expect. I don't know why this is a surprise to me. Jim did a great job from up front this week bringing the message.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I heard a lot of great feedback, including from my sister, Emelyng, who said that she felt like the service and the message was "just for her".

    ReplyDelete