Sunday, April 5, 2015

Easter Weekend

Why do you look for the living among the dead?
He is not here; he has risen! Luke 24:5

What a fantastic celebration of the resurrection!  To everyone on the team a huge thank you for whatever role you played.  This was a total team effort.  Well done good and faithful servants!

Here are some highlights from the weekend (please add your own in the comment section!!)

- The constant stream of people who came to the stations of the cross on Good Friday all left with a profound experience of the Lord in prayer.  The station on vulnerability really ministered to a young couple who had just lost a baby through miscarriage last month.  People connected with God in so many authentic ways when we just allowed the space for it to happen.

- I met numerous people who had first time guests with them today.  Some were family and others who friends or co-workers.  I know one guest was the result of several years of invitations and more than 10 years of prayer. 

- I saw some friends who have moved away but who were back for the holidays and they each expressed how there's no place like Crossroads for them.  Even those who have found great churches wherever they are still call Crossroads home and say it feels like home whenever they come back!

4 comments:

  1. Many were impacted by the dramas and the OMG montage. They especially touched an acquaintance of mine who has been visiting Crossroads sporadically the past few I had known this friend superficially as an outgoing party girl from my college days. We reconnected at church and she friend requested me on FB last week. She messaged me yesterday, "I missed last 2 weeks services and didn't see your OMG moment if full. I only got to see a tidbit today and I got all choked up. You were telling my testimony. My failed marriage and divorce brought me to my knees ..."
    I love when God uses His story and our OMG moments to connect beyond the superficial!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FROM BILL BARTON
    A divinely inspired group of services and vehicles which uplifted, restored, and brought to the Lord His Own!
    I know I'm always positive, but this weekend was "above and beyond", and just what Jesus ordered .
    Thanks!!!!!
    Bill Barton

    ReplyDelete
  3. I felt His presence in a real way at Sunrise with Jim leading the many who came out first thing in Worship. Even the kids did not seem to mind the cold and it was a blessing to see more people on that hill than I remember at some of our early indoor services when we started in Westminster. Can't wait to see what He has in store for next year with multiple locations possible and who he has already chosen to join us that we don't even know yet. Great Job to all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO MANY people served behind the scenes!! Whether watching kids in toddler court or making food for worship team, or running the shuttle at 5:30 AM!! God keeps making it clear that his heart is to use many to glorify himself! I'm so glad for that!!

    ReplyDelete